FREE Online Training for
Get an overview of the S.P.A.R.K.S. Blueprint and Start Generating More Local Work!
Whether you’re brand new on the tools or have been trading for years, the S.P.A.R.K.S Blueprint™ can help you find new high-quality local customers and keep them!
This is the secret tool of 100’s of electricians up and down the country who have gone from empty calendars and competing on price to being fully booked and dominating their local markets.
Reserve your place today on the free S.P.A.R.K.S. Blueprint Training. Register Now for Tuesday - 19th March.
By the end of this free S.P.A.R.K.S. Blueprint Overview, you’ll learn:
- The Six things you need to focus on that will make you stand out from the bloated crowd of bog-standard electricians.
- Simple steps to transition from being seen as a commodity (and therefore judged on price) to an in-demand expert (and therefore valued and well paid).
- Advertising does work… Only if it’s done the right way! Forget about wasting money and time on lead gen sites or flyer blasts that bring in no calls (let alone work!), there are many more effective and profitable ways to advertise locally.
- End transactional relationships and build friendships with your customers. All things being equal people buy from people that they know like and trust.
- Communication well the lack of it, is one of the biggest complaints customers have about tradesmen/women, which is why building rapport and developing strong relationships is key to being top of mind the next time there’s a job.
- You don’t have to do everything! In fact, there are many things you SHOULDN’T be doing - but to get there first you need a system. This is all about planning and organising your business so that it operates smoothly.
Who Is Steve Oakey?
Hi there! That would be me!
As a second-generation Electrician, I have been in the electrical industry for over 30 years. I completed my apprenticeship within my father’s business, where I was lucky enough to benefit from being exposed to a wide variety of work.
But one thing that I do remember and stuck with me was that at times growing up he was sometimes working a lot and other times had no work.
After completing my apprenticeship, I went on to work in various other roles within the industry. Then, 15 years ago I rejoined the family business as a partner with Dad. I was running the business and still working as an electrician within it. After getting involved with the day-to-day running of the business I soon realised that getting and keeping customers was the toughest part of being in business and there was little or no help in our industry for this.
I knew that in order to get more business I would have to advertise, little did I know that it would take more than just an ad in the paper or a few leaflets, you see I didn't understand Marketing not in any true sense. Yet this is when I started trying to market the business, because I had little or no knowledge I made a lot of costly mistakes, I wasted money on advertising, tried lead-generating programs (you know the ones), I knew I had to learn a whole new skill set, being a great electrician wasn't enough I needed to learn.
It was around this time that I was introduced to James Dewane and his community 'My Electrician's ToolBox' (or The ToolBox) and from there everything changed. I immersed myself in the training and put them to good use in the business which is now a highly profitable entity, after over 50 years as a local electrical business.
I learned the techniques in a way that I am now able to share them and teach others how to market their own businesses.
© 2023 ToolBox Marketing Ltd